IRC logs Monday 2017.05.29 3:00 PM CEST

From OTBWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
* inglada ( a rejoint #otb
* VictorPoughon (c2c7ac21@gateway/web/freenode/ip. a rejoint #otb
<VictorPoughon> hi
* kalxas ( a rejoint #otb
* kalxas est parti (Changing host)
* kalxas (~kalxas@opensuse/member/tzotsos) a rejoint #otb
<cresson> Hi everybody
<VictorPoughon> hi remi
<inglada> Hi everybody
<cresson> we'll wait for Julien & Manuel
* VictorPoughon est parti (Quit: Page closed)
* grizonnetm (c2c7ac21@gateway/web/freenode/ip. a rejoint #otb
* VictorPoughon (c2c7ac23@gateway/web/freenode/ip. a rejoint #otb
<cresson> I am updating the wiki page :)
<VictorPoughon> Julien will be there in 5 min
* guillaume_ (c3dc5c0f@gateway/web/freenode/ip. a rejoint #otb
<guillaume_> hello,
<guillaume_> finally found a connection
<cresson> I propose the following agenda: 
<cresson> * Feedback from release 6.0
<cresson> * Choose new Release Manager
<cresson> * release 6.1 roadmap
<cresson> * OTB integration in QGIS
<cresson> you guys can complete of course
* julien (c2c7ac21@gateway/web/freenode/ip. a rejoint #otb
<julien> hi all
<julien> sorry I am late
* julien s'appelle maintenant Guest9586
<guillaume_> ok for this agenda
<guillaume_> hi
<VictorPoughon> Let's review the agenda for this meeting:
* Guest9586 s'appelle maintenant jmichel_otb
<VictorPoughon> 1. Feedback from 6.0 release
<VictorPoughon> 2. Next Release manager
<VictorPoughon> anything else?
<jmichel_otb> 3. Osgeo incubation
<jmichel_otb> 4. OTB in Qgis ?
<cresson> yes
<VictorPoughon> I propose to postponed QGIS talks to the User Days
<VictorPoughon> there will be a PSC meeting there no?
<jmichel_otb> yes
<jmichel_otb> ok
<guillaume_> ok
<VictorPoughon> ok let's start then?
<grizonnetm> ready
<jmichel_otb> go
<VictorPoughon> 1. Feedback from 6.0 release
<cresson> ok
<cresson> so
<guillaume_> well, I think Rémi did a good job with the release
<cresson> I just followed the steps on the wiki, it's simple enough
<cresson> There is still operations that need server acces
<jmichel_otb> ok
<grizonnetm> perhaps we should indicate this in the how to release
<cresson> and other thigs like packaging which I'm not familiar but the tema is helping well
<jmichel_otb> some of us were not available
<cresson> *team
<cresson> but
<grizonnetm> don't hesitate Remi to update the procedure in the wiki if something is not clear
<cresson> I did not clearly understood the benefit of the release candidate for 6.0 
<VictorPoughon> Yes, the "template" for the procedure is supposed to be here:, but sometimes is updated on the specific releases page, not on this template
<cresson> After the -rc1 tag, I don't think the release was tested
<cresson> or maybe just a few of us
<cresson> this might need some doc in the wiki, but apart from this steps are really well documented
<VictorPoughon> i agree, rc doesn't seem important given the current state of our testing habits
<VictorPoughon> we can always test nightly builds of the realease branch, I mean
<jmichel_otb> how much time between 6.0 branch and final release ?
<cresson> I would say something like 2 weeks
<cresson> or more. wes really in a hurry
<VictorPoughon> final release: 2017-05-10, release-6.0 branch first commit looks to be 0c76167cf5bf51614 no? so 2017-04-25
<cresson> that's it.
<jmichel_otb> so 15 days
<jmichel_otb> not bad  !
<cresson> not bad eh
<VictorPoughon> hmm maybe not hang on
<cresson> Other thing: frustrating to not update otb descriptors in qgis (for new apps)
<cresson> tried to use python scripts, but I did not fond how to generate .xml
<guillaume_> Is it really an automatic step ?
<guillaume_> I thought there was some handmade decision in the generation of QGis xml
<cresson> there is something to generate descriptors, but not in the .xml format which is used for otb in the processing plugin
<cresson> (at least I didn't find one). 
<guillaume_> ok, so an other thing to discuss during "OTB in QGIs" point
<cresson> yes
<VictorPoughon> I added this step to the release process a few months ago, but never managed to generate them myself.
<VictorPoughon> yes guillaume_
<cresson> We can discuss it later if you want. Next item?
<VictorPoughon> 2. Next Release manager
<jmichel_otb> I can do it if you want
<grizonnetm> i tried to update the doc of qgis descriptors generation during last osgeo code sprint in Bonn
<VictorPoughon> ok
<grizonnetm> But it is indeed not sufficient
<jmichel_otb> for the moment 6.2 is going to be pretty thin
<grizonnetm> and there are still manual steps...
<grizonnetm> to be discuss during user days
<guillaume_> +1 for Julien as RM
<jmichel_otb> 6.2 fork should happen on july, 25th ?
<jmichel_otb> will be in texas by then
<VictorPoughon> less features means less bugs to fix ;)
<cresson> +1
<jmichel_otb> followed by 4 weeks off on vacantions
<cresson> for julien
<jmichel_otb> but anyway who is going to use 6.2 in the middle of august ?
<guillaume_> ok so if Julien is the RM, the backup will likely do the actual release
<grizonnetm> interns...
<jmichel_otb> good
<VictorPoughon> I can stay backup RM
<jmichel_otb> I like getting credits and doing nothing ;)
<guillaume_> I'll be there most of July and August
<jmichel_otb> maybe I can be the 6.4 rm
<VictorPoughon> ok
<jmichel_otb> Also, we need more hands in this psc
<VictorPoughon> so me as RM and guillaume_ backup ?
<guillaume_> fine for me
<grizonnetm> good
<cresson> ok
<VictorPoughon> ok next topic
<VictorPoughon> 3. Osgeo incubation
<VictorPoughon> grizonnetm: any updates?
<grizonnetm> things seem to move in the right direction
<VictorPoughon> is there a good chance it will complete this release cycle? any difficult points remaining?
<jmichel_otb>  grizonnetm, things were always moving in the right direction, it is more a matter of speed ...
<jmichel_otb> what is missing on our side ?
<grizonnetm> the format of the checklist have evolved since the start of the otb incubation procedure
<grizonnetm> our mentor and Jody seem motivated to complete the incubation soon
<grizonnetm> nothing to do for now IMHO
<jmichel_otb> ok
<grizonnetm> would be godd perhaps is PSC members can register to the osgeo incubation committee mailing list
<jmichel_otb> but maybe if we really want this we need someone to ping osgeo every few weeks
<jmichel_otb> grizonnetm: +1
<grizonnetm> I hope that our mentor will ask the committee to vote for otb graduation in the next week
<jmichel_otb> ok
<jmichel_otb> went to
<jmichel_otb> 404 for now ;)
<grizonnetm> FYI I regularly inform our mentor (Landon) of the status of the license migration during the last months
<cresson> ok
<grizonnetm> I think that they will create the page after we graduate
<grizonnetm> note that the vote on the osgeo mailing list can take also some time
<grizonnetm> I'll keep you aware of the status
<grizonnetm> I'll try to see of it is doable to graduate before the foss4g-eu in JUly
<jmichel_otb> good
<VictorPoughon> let's try to recruit some  new PSC members at the User Days :)
<guillaume_> +1
<grizonnetm> @victor you can perhaps add this to your presentation "What's new in one year of OTB?"
<VictorPoughon> ok
<jmichel_otb> ok good
<jmichel_otb> more PSC member would be great
<jmichel_otb> anything else ?
<VictorPoughon> ok for me
<cresson> ok then
<grizonnetm> ok good, thanks again Remi for the release
<jmichel_otb> thanks
<VictorPoughon> ok thanks everyone! bye bye
* VictorPoughon est parti (Quit: Page closed)
<cresson> no problem I wish I could be more present but very busy past month
<guillaume_> thanks
<cresson> There is some uncovered items from previous PSC meeting roadmap. Should we discuss?
<inglada> People seem to be too busy for that
<cresson> (on-going work on unsupervised learning ; OBIA and multi-temporal analysis ; integrate a remote module to core )
<cresson> yes
<guillaume_> there will be roadmap discussion during User Days right ?
<guillaume_> "feature requests" & "brainstorming" on day 2 afternoon
<cresson> ok