Qgis plugin creation
This is page is meant to be a short guide to the OTB-Qgis Plugin codebase and a checklist of what is needed to have a given OTB function/filter in Qgis. Advanced knowledge of Qt and C++ is assumed, also the use of common Remote Sensing and GIS terminologies is assumed.
- Choose the function you want to implement in Qgis. Consider input datasets (i.e. Raster or Vector, how many, etc) as well as output datasets (Raster, Vector or Some other non-spatial form requiring separate viewing i.e. Histograms, 3d plots etc.)
- Build a Qt GUI using designer capturing all the input/output and function parameters.
- Write a backing .cpp to the GUI to capture the inputs and parameters.
- Write a wrapper around the OTB function you are planning to call to take the parameters from the GUI .cpp and perform appropriate processing.
- Hook up the display of the GUI in the otb.cpp file which has all the currently existing OTB-Qgis functions.
- Debug as appropriate and jump on the mailing list to seek help from core developers.
- Push out nice new plugin to Mercurial.