Request for Changes-44: Improve OTB-applications display & search in Monteverd & Mapla
[Request for Changes - 44] Improve OTB-applications display & search in Monteverd & Mapla
- Author: Stéphane Albert
- Additional Contributors: none
- Submitted on June 23rd, 2016
- Voted: TBD
- Proposed target release: OTB-5.6, Monteverdi-3.4
The purpose of this RFC is improve OTB-application integration to Monteveri by:
- Merging the File/Load OTB-applications menu-item into the View/OTB-application browser menu item (loading is no more different than viewing ON/OFF)
- Display short name and long name of OTB-applications in the OTB-application browser
- Check the search-bar content agains long & short name for easier finding of OTB-applications.
Even if there is an implementation difference from loading and displaying the OTB-applications, there is no functional difference which causes users to not find how to 'Display OTB-applications'. By merging the two menu-item there is one single place from where to access OTB-applications.
OTB-applications are usually referred to by their short name and only the long-name is displayed and searched against. By displaying and searching both, OTB-applications are much easier to find for users.
Not much to say about this topic except that the item filling of and searching in the
QTreeWidget component has been modified.
Classes and files