Request for Changes-60: Shorter Release Process
- Author: Victor Poughon
- Additional Contributors (if different than authors): Julien Michel, Guillaume Pasero
- Submitted on 09.09.2016
- Proposed target release: 5.8
- Link to a public git branch or pull request corresponding to the changes. N/A
This is the follow-up RFC to Request_for_Comments-30:_Shorter_release_process and the last PSC meeting. Changes have been implemented. Because this RFC contains no code the purpose is formalize its adoption with a PSC vote.
New Release Manager role
Add a new role to the Release Manager: Be responsible for the decision to make a minor bug fix release.
1. Remove manual switch between develop and release branches, automate both. Done (except for windows builds because it's too resource intensive).
2. Rename nightly packages to contain branch and commit id: Done.
3. Automatic package generation should include:
- Sources packages: Done
- All standalone binary packages: Done (it's the same as 1. above)
- Superbuild archive: Done.
- Software Guide and FAQ: Done
- CookBook: Done (new rst cookbook)
- OTB-Data-Examples.tgz: Done
Merge Feature Freeze and Release Candidate
Done. See How_to_Release