Request for Changes-69: Force Monteverdi no-GLSL option
[Request for Changes-56] Monteverdi: Force no-GLSL option
- Author: Stéphane ALBERT
- Additional Contributors (if different than authors)
- Submitted on Oct 4th, 2016
- Proposed target release 5.8, merged for 5.10
- Adopted (+3 from Julien, Victor, Guillaume)
- Merged : 71a2ed5bf239ab57205bdacad81cdc46313805ae
Add an option to Monteverdi to force not using OpenGL Shading Language for rendering i.e. force to use the OpenGL 1 compatible mode (OpenGL texture).
The option consists in:
- a command line switch -1 (like OpenGL 1.x) or --no-glsl
- a View/Use OpenGL Shading Language menu item
On some systems, required OpenGL 2.x and GLSL version are automatically found but rendering is not working correctly (seems to depend on driver implementation) . Adding an option to force not using GLSL and use the OpenGL 1 compatible rendering of Ice would solve this issue.
Disabling the use of GLSL an initialization of Monteverdi is already implemented. So, the command-line switch would only require to add an option to the command line and pass the switch to the mvd::MainWindow.
Regarding the View menu item, a reset of the image-view and quicklook-view scenes requires improvement of the mvd::AbstractImageViewRenderer and mvd::ImageViewRenderer to force reset of Monteverdi and Ice scene and reload image data.
Classes and files