Requests for Comments-2: Edison : remove our internal version
- Submitted by Guillaume Pasero (24/03/2015 15:53)
- Accepted by PSC +3 / 0 (07/04/2015 10:44)
- Merged in Orfeo ToolBox 4.4.5 (16/04/2015 16:50)
What changes will be made and why they will make a better Orfeo ToolBox
Edison is the original mean-shift implementation in OTB. It doesn't support streaming by itself, and it is now redundant with a pure OTB large scale mean-shift implementation. A first step has been made to cut mandatory dependencies to Edison (here). The next one is to remove this third party from sources.
The following actions are foreseen:
- Remove modules 'Edison' and 'EdisonMeanShift'
- Remove deprecated code in other modules to use Edison
- Replace in Monteverdi1 the features using Edison (in some cases they may be removed)
When will those changes be available (target release or date)
These changes will be available for next release (OTB 5.0)
Who will be developing the proposed changes
An OTB developer (CS team) familiar with this issue. There is an associated task on Jira (OTB-776).