How to Release OTB 5.10.1
Revision as of 12:56, 6 March 2017 by Gpasero (Created page with "== Minor Release 5.10.1 == # Version number update in source code (branch release-5.10) # SuperBuild archive update (needed because of GDAL) # Update release notes with mantis...")
Minor Release 5.10.1
- Version number update in source code (branch release-5.10)
- SuperBuild archive update (needed because of GDAL)
- Update release notes with mantis bug report and improvements.
- Update release notes (walk the git history and log all improvements) for OTB, Monteverdi and Ice.
- Update the date in RELEASE_NOTES.txt
- Sanity check the binary packages
- Tag the release branches
- Merge the release into master
- Prepare and upload source packages
- Promote nightly packages
Update documentation(no significant change)
- Upload OTB source archive to Zenodo to create a unique Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
- Update the website "Home" and "Download" pages with version numbers and links.
- Update OTB-Data-Examples.tgz on orfeo-toolbox (packages)
- Send email to mailing list to announce the release
- Release announcement on the blog
- Announcement on social networks (twitter, google+)
- Forward announcement to email@example.com (OSGeo news)
- Plan the next release (nominate new release manager, setup PSC meeting on IRC)
- Contact QGis processing plugin maintainer to update XML description for new OTB-Applications (or supply it)
- Remove public branches related to RFC or bugfix merged before the release