Difference between revisions of "Request for Changes-38: update gdal to 2.x version in superbuild"
m (Gpasero moved Request for Changes-35: update gdal to 2.x version in superbuild to Request for Changes-38: update gdal to 2.x version in superbuild: conflicting with existing RFC)
Latest revision as of 15:38, 18 May 2016
[Request for Changes - 38] update gdal to 2.x version in superbuild
- Author: Rashad Kanavath
- Additional Contributors: none
- Submitted on 11/05/2016
- Voted :
- Proposed target release : 5.6
- Branch : https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/tree/refs/heads/rfc-35-superbuild-gdal
This RFC propose update of gdal to latest stable release 2.1.0
OTB has moved onto GDAL 2.0 and two release has passed. This will give a superbuild gdal with sentinel1 and sentinel2 drivers among all other bug fixes and 2.0 API.
Since 5.2, SuperBuild is used to generate packages. This RFC will affect Linux and Mac OSX binary and development packages.
All external drivers whose libraries are not built by SuperBuild are explicitly deactivated. List includes (hdf5, hdf4, netcdf etc..)
Here is snip from final configure options
--enable-static=no --enable-shared=yes --with-cfitsio=no --with-dods-root=no --with-dwgdirect=no --with-ecw=no --with-epsilon=no --with-fme=no --with-gif=no --with-grass=no --with-gta=no --with-hdf4=no --with-hdf5=no --with-idb=no --with-ingres=no --with-jp2mrsid=no --with-kakadu=no --with-libgrass=no --with-mrsid=no --with-msg=no --with-mysql=no --with-netcdf=no --with-oci=no --with-odbc=no --with-ogdi=no --with-pam --with-pcidsk=no --with-pcraster=no --with-pcre=no --with-perl=no --with-php=no --with-python=no --with-qhull=internal --with-sde=no --with-spatialite=no --with-xerces=no --with-xml2=no
Classes and files
M SuperBuild/CMake/SuperBuild_Macro.cmake M SuperBuild/CMake/External_gdal.cmake M SuperBuild/patches/GDAL
test will be made on travis with updated xdk for develop branch.
- Single ExternalProject_Add() call
- Easy patch integration using a superbuild macro.
- The patch for swig is removed as it is not clear why we added this patch. I tried to push this into gdal 2.1.0 but didn't apply cleanly. Looking at the source file in 2.1.0 it seems the patch is not required. But this has to be tested.