Requests for Comments-8: Provide a regression mode for machine learning models
[RFC-8] Provide a regression mode for machine learning models
- Submitted by Guillaume Pasero (16/09/2015 14:43)
- Votes Pending
- Development done, need to split feature branch before vote
What changes will be made and why they will make a better Orfeo ToolBox
Most of classifiers used in OTB (coming from OpenCV or LibSVM) also support a regression mode : predict a numeric output value instead of a class label. However this mode is not supported yet in OTB. The purpose of this RFC is to :
- add regression support in machine learning models (classes deriving otb::MachineLearningModel)
- support regression mode in existing classification filters
- add 2 applications dedicated to regression training and prediction.
- test regression models with arbitrary functions
During this RFC efforts will be made to factorize code between classification and regression mode so that maintenance and evolutions are easier.
When will those changes be available (target release or date)
These changes will be available for next release (OTB 5.2).
The code is developed by the CS team under CNES contract, with support from Jordi Inglada and Mathieu Fauvel.
See feature branch: https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/shortlog/refs/heads/regression-846